Skin is the biggest organ in our body. Yes. That’s right. And most of us don’t know this. And if this is the case, then we must go that extra mile to take care of it.
There was a time when I least cared about all these things. No toner, no sun block and moisturizer only when I felt like. But as I grew, I saw that my skin was turning dull and lifeless. That is when I decided to take charge and start small. Slowly and gradually, I started researching on skin care science when one day I came across this one term ‘skin tightening’ in a product advertisement. I got curious and started finding more answers to it. And I must admit, I realized how unaware I was. I’ll take you through what I found out.
Basically, to smoothen and repair our skin, we need to have protein. It not only increases elasticity of the skin but also helps in reducing wrinkles and appearance of fine lines. There are two types of proteins that serve the purpose. Elastin and collagen. You might have heard these names in a beauty product advertisement of creams that have them. And might have wondered what it is. You know now, right?
There are many precautions and remedies to repair skin and tighten it.
- The first, most important and highly neglected thing is our one and only – Sunscreen. When UV light falls on the skin, it breaks down elastin and collagen and this tends to loosen the skin. Hence, always choose a sunblock with an SPF according to your need. Use it in winters too.
- Moving on, the second is the holy grail of all. Water. Hydrate yourself enough. It will give that natural glow and reflect outside too.
- Don’t be lazy like I used to be. Please have a skin care routine customized to your needs. Use a gentle face wash, a good toner and top it up with a moisturizer. Nothing can beat a sincere skin care ritual. Do it twice every day.
- Have required amount of Vitamin C in your diet. Be it in the form of citrus fruits, applying orange peel powder or be it taking in the form of supplements.
- This one is especially beneficial for people with oil skin. My Mummy uses it a lot and I am a witness to the results myself. It is a very good antioxidant which will help you fight with sun damage, if any.
This is all for today. Do let me know in the comment section if I missed out any. 🙂